Wednesday 12 November 2014

A Stony Sleep, part 6

The Heavy Bolter Is Sick OP

This is a playthrough of A Stony Sleep from The Emperor Protects, so be careful not to let on to your GM that you listened to it. It does reveal one crucial plot event, and foreknowledge will inevitably affect the way you play this scenario. As always, be aware that the podcast is not really family-friendly, if that sort of thing bothers you.

Some episodes feature bonus material after the closing music, of varying interest. This is usually either teasers, or conversations that were sort of interesting, but not a bit tangential to the main episode.

Episode 6

The Episode

So I've basically talked about everything in this episode already. Much has been written elsewhere on the OP-ness of the heavy bolter, and ways of dealing with it. Similarly, the final crystal conundrum has been discussed before.

The bit at the end is another one of those conundrums. Do we know about Ahriman? He's a completely legendary Chaos Sorcerer, but it's just not that clear what level of setting knowlege Space Marines should have.

I look forward to seeing where all this is going! Roll on, 2015...

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I wanted to read about the Heavy Bolter again, but it seems that the first link is private now (dreams and dice pools). Considering it's age, would it be possible for you to repost it here? I remember there were some interesting damage calculations of bolter vs lascannon ang generally some good balance points.

    Also, hi, I think it's my first comment here this year. Crazy year it is, I hope you're all safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alan! Yeah, I haven't really posted here for ages - just too much else going on. I hope you're alright?

      I know that blog went offline a while back - that's the downside of external links I suppose. Most likely I can't do much about it, but if I do manage to get in touch and get permission, I'd be fine with posting a copy here.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. If it 's not available, shame, I remember liking that post, but at least L&L is still up :).

      Ah, you don't want to know, trust me. I caught COVID (despite working remotely, ordering food home and not going out unless I was forced to... stupid virus). Thanks to the vaccine I'm alive, but it wrecked me so bad it's been nearly 9 months and I still can't walk without my cane sometimes and can't leave home (and I was a young, fit guy before, used to work to work and back on foot all the time). Also lost my job without any warning at all, and with me being unable to work outside of home it kinda sucks to search for a new one.

      And so many other bad things. But, I'm alive, have supporting girlfriend and mom, and will probably recover 90% of my health in a year or two, so not all is bad. Few weeks ago I started feeling good enough to run an RPG campaign, and it's the main source of happiness in my life these days.

      ... I still remember when I first found your blog, in 2014. I was just starting my DW campaign - which ended up with me loving the system and running it for almost a decade until now. I was searching for any information of any issues, balance, and problems, and your blog proved to be a good source of it.

      I think my first comment here was under BC discussion about mutations. I still remember it like it was yesterday.

      Time flies fast, what can I say. I hope you're alright, and everyone else who participated in this blog over the years.

      Delete